6 Tricks to keep your newborn happy during your photo session
It can be a little stressful at the newborn photo session because naturally you want your baby to cooperate to get gorgeous photos. Here are 6 tips to keep your baby happy during the photo session.
- Make sure your child is well fed before the session. Try to schedule the newborn photos around feeding time. If your baby has a full belly, that usually equals a happy baby.
- In addition to that, you should also be sure your baby has a fresh, clean nappy. No child is going to be cooperative sitting in a dirty diaper. This may seem like an obvious tip, but in the rush of everything, sometimes we forget the basics.
- Bring a pacifier to your newborn photo session. Even if you are not allowing your child to regularly use one, it will be good for a short time just to help him or her calm down during this time of potential stress. If your baby starts to fuss and we cannot stop the crying by other means, this will typically help ease the baby’s nerves.
- Keep your baby warm. Newborns are used to being in a small, warm place. That’s where they’ve been the past 9 months and they are uncomfortable when they are cold. We like to keep our studio warm on session days for this reason. So in saying that it is also best for you to wear layers as the studio can get hot.
- We play white noise in the studio during the newborn photo session to create a soothing environment for your newborn.
- If your child is not cooperating with the newborn photography session, the best way to soothe them is to hold them. Sometimes babies just need to be held. A lot of new mums are uncomfortable in front of the camera during the first weeks after birth. If you do not want to be in photos, we can work around this, by covering you up in a backdrop and laying your baby in your arms.
7. The most important tip of all is to try not to stress. This is easier said than done…..I know but babies sense these things and it will cause them to become agitated.