The Benefits of having an Unplugged Wedding
What is an unplugged wedding?
An unplugged wedding is where you ask your guests to turn off their phones, cameras, tablets, and other mobile devices during your ceremony.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to having an unplugged wedding.
- When guests use their own cameras, there are many ways that this affects the photography that you’re actually paying for. Guests are often taking photos at the same time we are, and their flashes interfere with our cameras, leaving you over exposed with light or having weird shadows or lighting throughout the photos which can be unsalvageable.
- Guest cameras can leave a red or green dot from their focusing mechanisms. These will show up in our wedding images.
- ipads and other tablets used to take photos are very distracting. If we are taking a wide photo of your entire wedding ceremony, your eyes go straight to the tablet and completely ignore the beautiful couple exchanging vows.
- Guests will often get in the aisle or stand in front of the professional photographers, blocking their shot. Sometimes, it’s too late for us to be able to get them to move, and we certainly don’t want to upset your guests but at the same time need to capture these special moments of the wedding.
- During family formals, guests will often stand around photographers to get shots of their own, which can create harsh lighting if they use their flash. If it is a sunny day guests can also cast shadows over the wedding party. By having a range of people taking wedding photos, it causes the group to constantly be looking around, leaving wandering eyes which can make it hard for the photographer to get a good photo with everyone looking at the camera.
- Most importantly, if your guests are taking photos, they are not fully able to enjoy the moment. They are absent and distracted.
We highly recommend having your wedding unplugged, but respect your wishes if you choose not to. If you have any questions concerning this or how to unplug your wedding, feel free to contact us and we can chat.