How to Eliminate Fake Smile During Your Family Photography Session
Children are completely unpredictable and can become restless easily. During family photography sessions I have seen children smile for the entire time, freeze up and not smile at all (particularly if mum asks them to) or smile a super fake smile. There are a number of ways we try to create natural smiles during your family photography session:
Here are some things you can do:
- Make a list of things that your child thinks are funny and send it to us prior to the family photography session. This way, we can be prepared and add these things into our bag of tricks.
- Also give us a list of icebreakers for your child. Tell us the kinds of shows they watch, music they listen to, friends’ names, favorite story, etc. This will give us something to talk to them about, and will help them forget they’re in front of the camera.
- Practice phrases at home to see which ones evoke the best smiles from your child.
- Try out a couple of jokes with them. During the family photography session, we can ask them to tell us a joke and this will typically loosen them up.
- If there is a song that your child loves, load it up to your phone and bring it along with you, or be prepared to sing it for them during the session.
- Prepare a bribe (such as a toy, a trip to the zoo, etc.) and show it to them, or remind them of it, during the session.