How to Hire a Newborn Photographer Stress Free!
You’ve just had a baby. You’re exhausted and you really want photos of your precious baby when they are a newborn. However this task seems overwhelming and stressful and which newborn photographer do you pick?
Here are a few tips to ease that stress and pick a newborn photographer that you are not only comfortable with but someone who is professional, caring and has a gorgeous portfolio.
- The first thing you need to do is have a look at their website and portfolio. Is this the style of newborn photography you like or want for your baby? Newborn photographer’s have their own unique style and it may not be suited to everyone’s taste.
- Do they have their own studio set up? This usually means they are professional and have been running their business for awhile.
- Do they have facilities for you to use for your convenience? Items such as a change table, couch and tea, coffee and water facilities. These items, although simple, can really make your experience comfortabel and relaxed which is exactly what you want and need after caring for a newborn.
- Do they have a variety of props? What types of props do they have? Are they the sort of props you would like included in your newborn photography session? There are so many types of props such as wraps, signs, headbands or costumes. Have a think about what you would like included in your session.
- Does your newborn photographer allow your own personal items? If you have sentimental items you would like included in your photography session, your photographer should be able to accommodate you. Sentimental items make your photos unique and add that special personalised touch.
- Lastly, speak to your newborn photographer. Do they make you feel comfortable? Can they answer all your questions and make you feel relaxed? By speaking to your photographer you can assess where you feel comfortable with them and whether you thin they are suitable to take your newborn photos.
With so many newborn photographers, so many different styles and a huge range of props, the above information will help you decide what type of newborn photography you like, what props you would like in your newborn photos and what photographer to hire to make your vision come to life. Remember memories fade…..but photographs last a lifetime.