Why Hiring A Professional Wedding Photographer Will Be The Most Important Part Of Your Wedding Budget!
A professional wedding photographer’s packages and prices can vary drastically. At the end of the day your wedding budget will play a factor. Just be really careful when choosing your wedding photographer…..cheap is not always best and generally means inexperience. Do you really want a wedding photographer with 2 weddings under their belt to photograph your wedding day that can’t be relived? Are they actually a professional wedding photographer?
Wedding photography includes so much more than just taking photos on the wedding day. Most people don’t realise that once the wedding day has gone there are many, many more hours of work that goes into producing the perfect wedding photos.
- Phone calls between other professionals to ensure the wedding day runs smoothly – up to 2 hours
- Phone calls to the bride to ensure the wedding day runs smoothly – up to 1 hour
- Wedding photography on the day – anywhere between 2-12 hours
- Retouching time – anywhere between 6-40 hours
- Going through the wedding photos, sorting, keeping and deleting – up to 1 hour
- Producing products like the wedding album or collage – 3-8 hours
- Phone calls to the bride to keep in touch with the progress of her wedding photos – up to 1 hour
Wedding photography needs to take into account all of these things, meaning that one wedding might take up to 65 hours for one wedding. If someone is charging you $500 to photograph their 12 hour wedding then they would be earning $7.69 per hour which doesn’t take into account any expense on products and petrol.
At the end of the day, find a professional wedding photographer you are comfortable with and the style that you like. My advice is spend a big chunk of your budget on your wedding images because this is only one day of your life that you can’t and won’t get back. It would be terrible if you hired an inexpensive wedding photographer and then weren’t happy with the results. Remember that memories fade….but photographs last a lifetime.