What Should Your Newborn Photography Budget Be?
Photography prices vary drastically. Price is not always an indicator as to the experience and style of a newborn photographer or their quality of work.
Some things to consider when deciding on newborn photography so you don’t end up disappointed with the end result are:
- Ask questions to get a feel for the newborn photographer and to make it clear what you want with your newborn photography.
- Find a newborn photographer you feel comfortable with. You are most likely going to be exhausted and overwhelmed so you want a newborn photographer that calms you.
- Find a style of newborn photography you like
- Look at their newborn photography packages – do they include items you want or do they have more of an a-la-carte style where you can choose your own inclusions and get exactly what you want.
- Find a newborn photographer that has experience! At least 3 years to ensure they have worked with a lot of other newborns and that they know what they are doing
So what should your newborn photography budget be? Well at the end of the day you can’t get this time back. Your baby will only be a baby for such a short period of time so you want to ensure that this special moment, the connections and all the details of your newborn are captured…..exactly how they.
This means it is vital that you choose a photographer with experience, that you are comfortable with and that captures photos in a style that you LOVE! An experienced newborn photographer will be able to work with you to capture your baby. The baby might need to be fed, changed, cuddled and settled for some time. All of this needs to be taken into consideration during a newborn photography session.
You want to be able to show off your photos to family and friends and feel proud. You want to be able to hang them on your wall as a beautiful memory of this amazing and precious time in your life!
So to answer the question what should my newborn photography budget be……it should be as much as you can afford but on the higher end! You will be getting priceless memories that can never be relived. Memories fade…..but photographs last a lifetime!
P.S. It is also worth spending the extra money on a newborn photography album (generally between $500- $1500). Although most newborn photographers offer digitals, will you get them printed? Will they sit in your draw? Will you print them on professional paper so they look immaculate? Most probably not. The newborn album is a family heirloom that can be handed down to generations. Quality is highly important. Although you can get a cheap album on snapfish, do you think it will really last for generations? You may buy cheap now but in the long run it will cost you more having to reprint it. Quality is highly important to display these priceless memories for many, many years.